About The Practice
Portland Neurosurgery was founded as a small practice with a commitment to getting to know each patient personally. They plan to stay that way, as the Portland, Oregon, practice, led by board-certified neurosurgeon Jeffrey Johnson, MD, has developed a reputation for providing truly individualized care. The entire team makes each patient feel important, heard, and cared for.
As specialists in the full scope of brain and spine problems, the team at Portland Neurosurgery understands the challenges patients face. The team is committed to helping each person get their life back, beginning with conservative therapies and only recommending surgery when necessary.
Patients at Portland Neurosurgery receive comprehensive care for the array of conditions that affect the brain and spine. These issues can cause a variety of symptoms including headaches, vision changes, seizure, back and neck pain, as well as tingling, numbness, and pain radiating through arms and legs. A few of the most common problems they treat include herniated discs, sciatica, and spinal stenosis.
Every patient receives a physical exam and diagnostic studies, or a review of their existing studies. Then their Portland Neurosurgery specialist explains all treatment options before encouraging patients to make the decision that is best for them.
When all other treatments fail and patients face brain or spine surgery, they have confidence in the exceptional experience and surgical skills of Dr. Johnson. The team at Portland Neurosurgery ensures each patient achieves the best possible recovery by providing post-surgery care for as long as needed.
Patients who have back pain, neck pain, headaches, or other signs of a brain problem can look forward to working with a team that’s committed to being honest and explaining the results that are realistically possible.
Portland Neurosurgery offers in-person and telehealth appointments. Call the office or use the online booking form to schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Jeffrey P. Johnson
- Medical Degree: Columbia University, 1990
- Internship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Neurosurgical Residency: Neurological Institute of New York
- Fellowship in Surgical Neurology: National Institute of Health Board Certified Neurosurgeon
- Providence St. Vincent Hospital- 9155 SW Barnes Road, Suite 836 Portland, Oregon 97225
- Northwest Spine and Laser Surgery Center- 8995 SW Miley Rd #204, Wilsonville, OR 97070
- Center for Specialty Surgery - 11782 SW Barnes Rd # 200, Portland, OR 97225
- Surgery Center at Tanasbournce - 18650 NW Cornell Rd #110, Hillsboro, OR 97124
- Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital - 1015 NW 22nd Ave, Portland, OR 97210
Portland Neurosurgery accepts most major insurance plans. For questions about your specific coverage, please call the office.
We accept CareCredit! Follow this link to use CareCredit to make a payment.
At Portland Neurosurgery we are committed to providing expert neurosurgical care. We strive to make each individual feel important, heard, and cared for. We understand that brain and spine issues can cause debilitating symptoms and we are committed to helping you get your life back.